[Gllug] Verifying rsync copy

Tim Schofield tim at scoffer.net
Wed May 13 17:29:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 09:59 +0100, Jon Dye wrote:
> Hi all,

>   Does anyone know if there is some way to get rsync to just
> return whether or not files were actually sent?  Is there some clever
> parsing of output I can do?  Anyone have any other ideas (using any
> other tools)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD

Try the -i --itemize-changes option, you can use -ii if you want to list
unchanged files as well.  Output is a bit cryptic but it is all in the
man page.  You can also give the --progress option as well might give
you some useful stuff.

--out-format=FORMAT may help in providing a custom output.

Regards

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk