[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri May 15 13:11:09 UTC 2009

On 13 May 2009, Bruce Richardson uttered the following:

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 01:35:28PM -0400, general_email wrote:
>> general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
>> > <snip>
>> > Maybe a little of both, as is customary in a browser war ;) but I'm
>> >
>> Whoops, I meant editor war.
>
> We can do both.

I do a lot of my web browsing in XEmacs, via emacs-w3m. Pictures and
everything. (Do not confuse with w3, which tries to do all the rendering
in Emacs Lisp, which is *far* too slow. emacs-w3m delegates the
rendering/layout/network stuff to w3m under the covers, which is fast
enough.)

> I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.

<http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-294>.

(actually this would merely let you produce gold from nowhere. Is that
good enough?)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk