[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Wed May 13 12:41:13 UTC 2009

John Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:51:35PM +0100, Rich Walker wrote:
>> Forgetting to do -X on ssh is my leading problem with that...
>
> I forgot to mention that you can define that option globally
> or only for certain hosts in your ~/.ssh/config file.

For some reason I'm averse to doing that. I think it's because I'm
starting from different possible places, and if I configure something
like that in a dotfile, I get confused when another machine/user doesn't
have the same dotfile. A job for cfengine, I think.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk