[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu May 14 00:19:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:29:08AM +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> If you were running wget in a screen session and your connection to the
> session stopped, the wget would simply carry on.

OK! Bad example perhaps, as aways with unix there are multiple ways to do
the same thing. I like screen, I have used it alot to start things off at
work, I then detact the screen when i get home I check up on the status of
the task. This is particular useful, when the task in question requires a
small amount of user interaction.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk