[Gllug] Detecting increase in underling disk size

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu May 14 12:23:09 UTC 2009

Correct me if I am not understanding you correctely, hope this is a correct
representation of your system.

SAN Lun0 -> host PV0 -> Host VG -> Host LV for guest -> Guest VM -> Disk -> LVM?

Add a new San lun into the Host VG then use the space to extend the Host LV?

SAN Lun0 -> host PV0 -> Host VG
SAN Lun1 -> host PV1 -> Host VG -> Host LV for guest -> Guest VM -> Disk -> LVM?

The other alturnative would be to present a new Host LV for the Guest VM
then LVM within Guest VM to join the space together.

SAN Lun0 -> host PV0 -> Host VG-> Host LV for guest
            -> Guest VM -> Disk0 -> Guest PV0 -> Guest VG
SAN Lun1 -> host PV1 -> Host VG -> Host LV for guest
            -> Guest VM -> Disk1 -> Guest PV1 -> Guest VG -> Guest LV

James

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk