[Gllug] Firewalls suddenly blocking port 80? But how? And how can I check with no web access which device?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 15 20:17:28 UTC 2009

2009/11/15 John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk>:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 06:11:15PM +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
>> On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 07:41 +0000, John Hearns wrote:
>> > traceroute
>> > nmap
>>
>> Oh No! They aren't installed and apt-get from ubuntu crashes out with a
>> site its trying to access which is on port 80

This is where old-fashioned CD-ROMs come in handy. I doubt today's
children have seen them, and would laugh at the concept of carrying
your music around on a polycarbonate disc. One day I will bring my
portable CD player out on the Tube, with real rotating and moving
parts,  and be laughed off at the next station.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk