[Gllug] Why we still like CRTs

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Thu Nov 19 15:20:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 02:54:50PM +0000, Peter Childs wrote:
> LCD
>
> 1.05Amps 240Volts AC, Power Supply gets slightly warm, but moniter it
> self stays cool.

That's going to be the maximum power draw. What you need to measure is the
current while the monitor's running. I'll bet it's a lot less than 1A.

> Oh and a large amount of the 260 watts they do use is lost in the
> transformer, (like 230 watts loss in a transformer?)

12% efficiency? That's just a little bit low. Measure current, then work out
efficiency again :)

Dan
--
Eggheads unite!  You have nothing to lose but your yolks.
		-- Adlai Stevenson
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk