[Gllug] MS & LSE ROFL!

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sat Nov 28 10:19:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:29:50PM +0000, James wrote:

> Most san high end sans will do replication, either sync for short
> distances or async for long ones. IBM have a product for managing storage
> called an SVC

Which, you may not be surprised to hear, is really just a Linux box with
a large amount of RAM (enhances performance via caching) and some java
storage-management apps, with the keyboard and video connectors removed
so that nobody can mess with its internal configuration.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock