[Gllug] Spontaneous shutdown of laptop

Benjamin Goodacre roger at rabbit.name
Fri Nov 6 10:55:46 UTC 2009

If it is suddenly turning off my bet would be the internal 'PSU card' is
failing. It takes power from the mains if it is plugged in and charges
the battery and directly feeds power to the laptop. Compiling can
involves high CPU - high voltage usage. If it was a desktop I would be
more convinced that it was a PSU issue as with a laptop there is more to
go wrong such as the battery and overheating as you stated.

Was it plugged into the mains at the time or running just on battery?

Thanks,

Benjamin