[Gllug] Wanted - small (20, 30, 40gb) ide disks for kids' computers

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Nov 21 16:26:19 UTC 2009

On 21 Nov 2009, at 15:33, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> Your data is evidently worth less than £30 then.
> Yep, I'd be doing something wrong if it was worth more than a few
> quid.
> Thankfully, as it's in several places at once an extra copy has almost
> zero marginal benefit to me, plus, it's a system disk, why would you
> keep anything of worth on your system disk?

The OS install itself is of worth, especially once it's been
customised. Unless your time to rebuild it has zero value, it's worth
backing it up along with everything else. Are you sure you've
remembered to reinstate *every* cron job, every moody CPAN package, re-
sent queued mails, and got the UID mappings right? Does getting that
wrong have no cost?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk