[Gllug] Monitor sensing with Debian

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Sat Nov 28 18:17:10 UTC 2009

Chris Bell <chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org> writes:

> On Sat 28 Nov, John Hearns wrote:
>
>    Thanks for all the replies, in fact I have to occasionally use the server
> as a workstation, and I usually have to borrow a monitor that is more often
> used to test laptops being repaired. The last time I had to do this the
> maximum resolution had reset itself to a low value, so I had to continuously
> scroll around a web page display.
>    This has happened before on an entirely different computer, but it was
> easy to reboot.

If that's the case, is restarting just X not good enough? Just press
ctrl-alt-backspace, unless your modern X has disabled it. If so, it's
trivial to re-enable it but I can't remember how.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk