[Gllug] EEE issues

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Nov 17 07:10:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 22:16 +0000, John Hearns wrote:
> 2009/11/16 Frazer Irving <superfraz at clumsyjedi.com>:

> I'm sure there is a similar utility in Ubuntu.

Yes - it's called "Unetbootin" and allows an ISO image to be installed
to a USB stick and makes it "bootable".  I've installed Ubuntu Netbook
Remix to a large number of Asus EEE and Acer One machines, with great
success.

Another option is Eeebuntu, which is built specifically for the Eee
series, and has a USB-memory image available for download.  Personally,
I prefer the Netbook Remix version, but (as always with FOSS) it's YOUR
choice!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk