[Gllug] where's the install-fest?

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sun Nov 8 16:26:27 UTC 2009

On Sun 08 Nov, JLMS wrote:

> Yep, installfests should be advertized in general computing magazines
> or Windows mostly magazines (PCPro, PCPlus and the like) were you have
> people interested about computing but that don;t know where to start
> to learn about Linux.
>
> Inviting people in the Linux forums is kind of pointless, unless the
> topics are really advanced (cluster installfest anyone?)

   We can and have used the Networking lab, Sean can tell us how many
nachines, and other facilities such as KVM, are available, but it is not a
huge number, so advertising in mags, etc, may cause an overflow. We have
tried advertising around the local computer fairs, giving out handouts, but
I do not think there were many takers at the time.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk