[Gllug] wicd manager

lucypeters at mail.com lucypeters at mail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:50:42 UTC 2009

> You
definitely emailed us diagnostics with eth1 having an ip and able
> ping the wifi router. This is now the _only_ thing not
working. Using
> the Linux laptop admin tools, perhaps via
wicd, you may be able to get
> this working with manual
settings for the ip as mentioned above. If it
> doesn't work,
check the wifi settings, signal strength etc in wicd.
> Also
perhaps use sudo tcpdump -i eth1

When the cable is wired to the laptop, my wireless connection was 58% to the wicd manager.

sudo tcpdump -i eth1
tcpdump: WARNING: eth1: no IPv4 address assigned
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth1, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
^C
0 packets captured
0 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

when the cable is unplugged from the laptop, although my wireless connection signal has increased to 86%, wicd manager was unable to connect to go online.

Lucy