[Gllug] Take a look at my photos on Facebook

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Thu Nov 5 18:27:10 UTC 2009

Christopher Hunter wrote:
> Is that the "Special friend of Ballmer Edition"?  Everybody else (other
> than you) has had significant problems with Windows 7.

Quite a lot of people have had problems installing W7 but that's to be
expected given the number of installations over the last few months. If
as many as 1% of W7 installations had problems there would have been
uproar in the trade press. Windows installations are usually pretty
painless, it's only later that the real problems arise.

I've heard lots of people tell me that it's impossible to build a stable
Windows system when I know that it passed the five-nines (given
competent administrators) availability point nearly ten years ago. Linux
has sufficient real advantages that it's not necessary to invent more.
Bogus claims about the supposed shortcomings of Windows undermine the
credibility of the people like me who are trying to persuade companies
to invest in it.

bap at shrdlu.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk