[Gllug] calibre and SYSFS_DEPRECATED

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Sat Nov 21 18:24:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

    so I've got myself an e-reader (Sony PRS-600)

I can copy books to/from it by mounting it as a disk

and while Calibre sees the presence of the reader it cannot sync to it

I'm hoping someone here can help

"DeviceError: Unable to detect the PRS700 disk drive. Your  kernel is
probably exporting a deprecated version of SYSFS."

The problems seems to be sysfs - and there is an FAQ

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_manual/faq.html#why-is-my-device-not-detected-in-linux

But I'm not clear what I need to do to fix this.

uname -a

Linux ethel 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 20:45:37 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I've edited /boot/config-2.6.26-2-686

to change the SYSFS lines to

CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=n
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=n

and rebooted but still have the same problem.

How do I stop the kernel exporting the deprecated version of SYSFS ?

Do I need to compile a custom kernel to fix this?

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk