[Gllug] Take a look at my photos on Facebook

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Thu Nov 5 10:21:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 07:08:30PM +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> > Yes there is its called the Internet install what you like.
>
> Under the terms of the MS agreement with the EU, there was supposed to
> be an option to delete Internet Explorer and install a truly
> standards-compliant browser in its place.

Of course, you need to somehow get to a place where you can download a new
browser. So they could either provide IE; the individual can then go and get a
nice browser, such as Chrome; or they could provide lots of browsers on the
installation CD, and give the user a choice at install time. At which point, MS
will be bashed for putting old versions of browsers on their CDs.

Dan
--
Yes, but which self do you want to be?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk