[Gllug] need Idiots guide to SquashFS extraction, reconfiguration and sqashing back 2 .img

MJ mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 19:01:10 UTC 2009

[root at operations isolinux]# unsquashfs -s 'name'.img
Found a valid little endian SQUASHFS 2:1 superblock on 'name'.img.
Creation or last append time Mon Sep 19 05:07:45 2005
Filesystem is not exportable via NFS
Inodes are compressed
Data is compressed
Fragments are compressed
Check data is not present in the filesystem
Fragments are present in the filesystem
Always_use_fragments option is not specified
Duplicates are removed
Filesystem size 17229.93 Kbytes (16.83 Mbytes)
Block size 65536
Number of fragments 136
Number of inodes 1299
Number of uids 2
Number of gids 2
[root at operations isolinux]#

I previously used mount on the .img then cp -R --preserve so its writeable
now several days after reconfigurations are done and after using  mksquashfs it is still unusable. Where the Fxxx am I wrong. Understandably I am pived.
Any help?
My system is updated with squashfs-tools and kernel is patched.
Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk