[Gllug] Apache web root permissions

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 11:10:21 UTC 2009

Walter Stanish wrote:
>> I have a site running drupal.  The apache user therefore needs to be
>> able to write certain files (CSS files for example).
>
> If it's possible to perform any requisite configuration (I suspect
> this write permission is used to support web-based upload of templates...
> I'm not that familiar with drupal) then remove permissions once
> configuration has been made, it is theoretically more secure than
> leaving write access around indefinitely.

The only comment I will make is you will need;
0755 on all folders
0644 on all files
of your Drupal install.

As has been said you can mess about with those permissions but you will
need to make a note of what you have changed or prior to doing anything
later on search through everything to reset the permissions.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode