[Gllug] VACANCY: Positive Internet Ltd. Support-Team Manager

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Thu Nov 26 16:52:03 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but I am still a regular reader of
GLLUG postings (as are most of our company).

We have an opening at The Positive Internet Company for a Support-Team
Manager. You may have seen us around at various events, and as sponsors at
some UKUUG dinners and DebConf. Our website has a much overdue relaunch
coming very soon!

We are a GNU/Linux-only web hosting company who have been around over 10
years and we now also run our own data centre operations. We have a wide
range of clients ranging from individuals, small companies to large
corporations. Our support team manages the support requirements, security
updates, and 24/7 callout monitoring and response systems for servers
mainly running Debian.

The Support-Team Manager role is largely an organisational, planning, and
team management one.

The position involves keeping a close track of staff resources and
priorities using in-house CRM, monitoring and ticketing systems. A working
knowledge of Linux, perhaps particularly Debian, and some exposure to web
hosting (Apache / Php / Mysql / Java) would be advantageous. This is in
order to understand what technical team tasks involve and the time frame by
which they may be realistically achieved.

Minimum salary is 35k + benefits, according to experience. The position
would likely be based in our West Ealing offices, though if this mail were
read by anyone based in the Cambridgeshire area it may be possible for the
candidate to work from our data centre between Peterborough and Cambridge.

Please feel free to pass this e-mail around widely to anyone you may know
who might be interested in this position.

If you are interested please e-mail cover letter and CV to
jobs at positive-internet.com with subject line "STM Vacancy GLLUG". Please
send your cover letter and CV in a non-proprietory document format.

Thanks,

Jake.

--
All postal correspondence to: Positive House, 24 Broadway, London. W13 0SU

The Positive Internet Company Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Registered company number: 3673639. VAT no: 726 7072 28.
Registered office: Northside House, Mount Pleasant, Barnet, Herts, EN4 9EE.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk