[Gllug] TV ExpressCard/USB - any recommendations/avoids?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Nov 19 12:22:20 UTC 2009

On 19 Nov 2009, at 08:48, Tethys wrote:
> Peter Corlett writes:
>> CRTs are not a technology I will ever be nostalgic for.
> I can only assume you stuck with cheap, low end CRTs, then.

Not really: I've used supposedly-good Sun monitors too. It's still a
case of "high resolution, flicker-free, sharp: pick two".

> For
> me, LCD screens are only just starting to approach the quality of
> a decent CRT, and even then, they still don't have the resolution
> or the gamut (although I expect they will eventually), and they
> still struggle with motion blur for fast moving images.

These are not problems that matter to many people. They can browse the
web, send email, enjoy a film, just fine without needing Pantone-
accurate colours.

> I still use a CRT for my everyday work.

Enjoy the expense of getting shot of the damn thing under WEEE when it
finally breaks. Round here, the end of my street is the usual place to
flytip them. A Maker would probably find it a good source of raw
material.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk