[Gllug] TV ExpressCard/USB - any recommendations/avoids?

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sat Nov 21 09:46:03 UTC 2009

On Fri 20 Nov, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On 19 Nov 2009, at 14:17, Dan Kolb wrote:
> [...]
> > If it's domestic rather than industrial use, then take it down to
> > your local council recycling place; they should dispose of it for you.
>
> That's WRWA in Wandsworth, six miles away.
>
> That is, I have to drag 30kg of telly or whatever to the Uxbridge
> Road, convince a bus driver to let me on board with it, then change
> onto a train at Shepherd's Bush after arsing around buying a paper
> ticket because they don't take Oyster, change again at Balham, get off
> at Carshalton, drag the albatross to another bus stop, try again to be
> let on board, and eventually get dumped on Bucklers Way with arms
> about three feet longer than before, where I get to drag it the final
> few hundred yards to the tip.
>
> And the council wonder why there's a flytipping problem round here.

   Not sure where you are, but there are probably coucil recycling sites
much nearer, even if they are not provided by your own local council. There
is one between Acton Town and Chiswick Park provided by my local council,
Ealing, but there is one much nearer to my home provided by Brent in Park
Royal. I would expect some to be provided by Hammersmith and Fulham.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk