[Gllug] Take a look at my photos on Facebook

Tue Nov 10 11:23:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:10:14 +0000
Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:

> On Friday 06 November 2009, Peter Corlett wrote:
> >
> > I avoid Windows due to it being fatally flawed in many ways, but
> > uptime is not one of them.
>
> Oh be serious - every Windows installation I've ever used runs slower
> and slower the longer its up until it grinds to a halt.

They've got a lot better at not doing this recently.

We've had no Windows-caused[0] problems take a server down in the
past couple of years, it's been mostly application failure and me
knocking power leads. Can't find any perceptible sluggishness, though
the load's not that great, but these aren't particularly high-spec
boxes either, generally low-end Dells running Windows Server 03.

[0] Yes, applications should be able to fail without taking the OS with
them. This is still an issue in Windows.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk