[Gllug] TV ExpressCard/USB - any recommendations/avoids?

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Tue Nov 17 23:26:17 UTC 2009

On Tue 17 Nov, Christopher Mocock wrote:

> I wonder when H.264 is likely to be adopted (if it hasn't already). It's
> way better than MPEG-2. I guess if it does get adopted they'll just try
> to cram more crappy channels into the bandwidth rather than increasing
> the stream quality!

   I notice that many of the commercial channels are similar, but with
different time shifts.
   Unfortunately learning how to make top quality programmes is not just a
question of attending a course of "media studies". Governments hated the way
that the BBC too often broadcast uncomfortable facts, decided that
commercial organizations could reduce costs (and perhaps be very generous at
the same time), so they have gone out of their way to destroy the BBC.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk