[Gllug] where's the install-fest?

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:24:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Geo <caparo.g at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 07 November 2009 22:19:05 Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 10/22/2009 07:14 PM, Magnus Leuthner wrote:
>> > is there a regular install fest going on in the Norf-London area or
>> > anywhere in London? If not, is anyone interested in helping me
>> > organize one? Maybe once a month or bi-monthly?
>>
>> Is there much of an interest in this ? Even at regular meetings, where
>> we had encouraged people to bring machines in, and their problems - we
>> hardly ever had anyone come in.
>>
>> My take on this is that Linux itself is no longer niche enough that
>> people need to come together in groups for such stuff. But I might be
>> wrong :)
>>
>> - KB
>
> Hi,
>  depends on where & how the "installfest" is advertised & marketed, if it is
> published here you are preaching to the converted.
>  my 2P

Yep, installfests should be advertized in general computing magazines
or Windows mostly magazines (PCPro, PCPlus and the like) were you have
people interested about computing but that don;t know where to start
to learn about Linux.

Inviting people in the Linux forums is kind of pointless, unless the
topics are really advanced (cluster installfest anyone?)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk