[Gllug] Windows 7

Johnathon Tinsley kirrus at kirrus.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 17:48:52 UTC 2009

> Plus the PC games market is basically dead, its been won by the
> consoles. Hence nobody is upgrading just to be able to run the latest
> games, If anything they still run Windows 98SE so the old games still
> work.
>
> <snip>

As a fairly hard-core gamer, I'd have to disagree with this. Having used
the consoles, and PC, I choose windows over a console most days of the
week. As do a fair few other people:
http://rockpapershotgun.com

Linux gaming is something I would really like to see come of age.
Without wine. (No, I can't play the newest games via WINE. Wine just
doesn't support gaming for me.)

Johnathon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk