[Gllug] VACANCY: Southern Records is looking for an experienced network administrator to do some consulting

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:13:52 UTC 2009

Damon Allen Davison wrote:

> Yes, definitely the wrong sort of business for recruiters. I imagine
> that someone who runs their business decided this was a good thing to
> do, so maybe slightly less personal initiative was involved,
> especially as I've been informed that it's standard practice for
> agencies to do this.

Yep. I used to work in recruitment, so you watch;
All the papers for job vacancies.
Mailing lists.
I suppose LinkedIN/Micro blogs

Then of course there is news reports "Whizzo Widgets wins contract to
supply grommets to Barnsley" Get on the phone to Whizzo Widgets "Hi I
see you've won a contract well done I suppose you'll need extra staff to
fill the orders?".

And finally 'Word of mouth' "I see Barclays are taking on again" ;-)

--
Regards

Peter Cannon
IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode