[Gllug] VACANCY: Southern Records is looking for an experienced network administrator to do some consulting

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Oct 2 14:28:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 1 Oct 2009, John Hearns wrote:
>2009/10/1 Damon Allen Davison <allolex at gmail.com>:
>>I have to say, I really like IRIX 6.5 and it's the OS equivalent of an
>>underground salt bed in terms of stability for equally decrepit applications
>>(the secret reason why we still use it). And XFS is awe-inspiringly good.
>I believe if I'm not wrong that Irix 6.5 is still under support

Yes; last minor release 2006. I do wonder how much Irix 6.5 (2006) is
like Irix 6.5 (1998). The latter was a breath of fresh air inasmuch as
it was the first release of Irix that came out of the box reasonably
secure, although I think they abandoned "xhost + by default" a little
before that.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Yesterday was First Chedday, September - a public holiday.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk