[Gllug] wicd manager

Damion Yates damion at trap.me.uk
Fri Oct 23 23:18:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, lucypeters at mail.com wrote:

> > Did you look up how to configure it with a cuil.com search or
> > similar?
>
> I look for disable dhcp and rfc 2563 came up but didn't show any
> command to disable dhcp server.

The search phrase should relate specifically to your router not dhcp in
general.  Do you have the manual?

> > As the output of the commands you're running show, wifi is working
> > on your linux system. The wifi wouldn't work if you were using macos
> > or windows.
>
> When I use http://192.168.0.0 and The server at 192.168.0.1 is taking
> too long to respond.

Not sure where 192.168.0.0 comes from.  Didn't you dhcp gained ip result
in 192.168.0.4 or there abouts?

> But when I use http://192.168.0.0 in windows xp and I get to the setup
> page. I went to the DHCP page to disable DHCP Server but still not
> able to go online.

Is xp able to go online?

Did you try the ip/mask/gw entered via wicd mentioned in the previous
email ?

Damion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk