[Gllug] 10 reasons engineers hate the phone...

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Sun Oct 25 00:31:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 12:55 +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:

> The only calls I'm getting on the landline at the moment are wrong
> numbers and those IVA scammers robo-calling with "if you've got a loan
> or credit card with over £3,000, we can write it off".
>
> The latter claim my number's not on the TPS. Perhaps if they actually
> had a *current* TPS database and not a third-hand samizdat copy of it
> from five years ago, they'd know otherwise.

I have a landline telephone number that gets hammered by these sales
calls (despite it being a TPS registered number).  I answer their calls
politely (which is the last thing they expect) and then tell them that
I'm interested in their offer, but need to put them on hold to answer
another call, and that I'll be "back in a moment".  The record (so far)
is keeping some chump from an insurance company holding for almost 40
minutes!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk