[Gllug] Never ever ever use Talk Talk

'Lesley at herlug.org.uk' lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 21:52:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 05:41:19PM +0100, gllug-request at gllug.org.uk wrote:
> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:24:22 +0100
> From: Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
> Subject: Re: [Gllug] Never ever ever use Talk Talk
> To: Greater London Linux User Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>

> Caroline made a good point - it might still be something in the BT
> setup... my adsl link is from bethere.co.uk - and its been, unusually,
> quite flaky since 2am last night. I am getting approx 23 - 28 min of
> usability at a stretch on that link right now, and bethere did indicate
> there was some issue in the dartford / bexley area.
>
> But then again, might have nothing to do with your issue.
>
> - KB

Unsure it is the same thing, KB.  It is not unusual for my line to be
dropped a number of times in an evening.  I've had five drops in total today
- around 3 and 6 am, around 6pm another at 19:40 and one at 21:51.

They seem to have 'settled down' into that pattern - two in the early hours and
three in the evening - some nights simply feel worse than others because I'm doing
engaged in something over t'Internet.  Sometimes it actually is worse.

Thanks anyway.  I just checked the bethere status page and there was an unplanned
outage at Longfield, near Dartford this morning until lunchtime.
I'm too far away from that.

Regards

L.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk