[Gllug] wicd manager

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 01:33:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, lucypeters at mail.com wrote:

> > Make sure the cable router is plugged in to one of the switch
> > sockets on the wifi router, not any main or WAN port. (1)
> >
> > > The wifi access point is separate to the cable router. How do I
> > > disable dhcp?
>
> My wireless router is Dlink AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624

Did you look up how to configure it with a cuil.com search or similar?

As the output of the commands you're running show, wifi is working on
your linux system.  The wifi wouldn't work if you were using macos or
windows.

> I have plugged the cable to the one of the auto MDI/MDIX LAN ports in
> the wireless router and a solid light indicating the port . I have
> both the Status and WLAN led lights blinking continuously but no light
> on the WAN led.

When at a desktop I'll look for a screenshot to work out what this
means.

Did you try pointing your browser to 192.168.0.1 ?

> sudo tcpdump -i eth1

I should have said this is not needed in this case... and in fact I did.

> ip 10.219.60.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 with def.gw 10.219.60.1

?

Just use wicd to set those details, the ip the netmask etc.  It will ask
for them when you turn off the option for automatically determining your
address.

Damion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk