[Gllug] Never ever ever use Talk Talk

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Mon Oct 12 16:22:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 07:25 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

> Unfortunately as a TT customer you may well face the £125 cost of moving
> your phone line back to BT or a BT reseller on top of the ADSL
> activation/migration costs if you wish to escape.

No - you usually just have to get slightly litigious with them - a claim
through the Small Claims Court for the money that you've paid them over
the last year is usually settled "out of Court".  This is because they
don't want the bad publicity that all the claims against them would
surely produce.  Your year's subscription will more than pay for a BT
reconnection.

I told BT that my Father had been really messed about by TT/AOL, and
they gave him a very substantial discount on their normal charges!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk