[Gllug] [Gllugadmin] South England LUG meeting at Hursley in the spring of 2010?

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Fri Oct 16 09:51:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 11:31 +0100, Alain Williams wrote:

> I think that it also depends on who you ask. If you look at what
> experienced Linux people use you are likely to find what you did ...
> they have been using Linux for years and will stick with what they know.

Better the devil you know...  I'm the same, and tend to stick with
RPM-based distros (this machine's running Mandriva, for example).
However, my Father, Wife and other relatives all use Ubuntu (not at my
behest - they all found it for themselves).

> Newer people are more likely to use something like Ubuntu or Linux mint.

At work, we have a lot of Ubuntu machines, and this seems to have
persuaded the majority of staff to use the same at home (except those
with game-playing children).  It's interesting that the uptake of an
"alternative" operating system is so widespread.  It suggests that many
people would use it if they saw it!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk