[Gllug] FreeNX vs VNC?

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Oct 27 15:29:41 UTC 2009

On Tue Oct 27 10:59 , Harry Rickards <harry at linux.com> sent:

<snip>
>I might be misunderstanding you but are you saying that users are
>disconnecting from sessions without logging off first which leaves the
>session running on the server? And that MS TS fixes this? Because
>Citrix has this problem (at least Citrix Presentation Server/Citrix
>Metaframe Server does) and I was under the impression that they
>heavily shared the same codebase.

I don't know about resources, but I do know about licenses.  If you don't log off
a MS TS session and just close the window it leaves you logged in and your apps
running.  This is a feature.  It also uses a license seat which means that
usually you run out of licenses before you run out of resources and the system
won't let you log in.  Most server versions come with 2(+1) licenses, two remote
+ 1 console.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk