[Gllug] share keyboard input between two applications

news at aleblanc.cotse.net news at aleblanc.cotse.net
Fri Oct 9 13:32:47 UTC 2009

"Walter Stanish" <walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com> writes:

>>Hi,
>>   can anyone tell me if it is possible to share keyboard input events
>>   between two or more applications simultaneously? and if so, how?
>>   I want to try playing music while simultaneously typing text (don't
>>   ask why).
>
> You could try using an X event simulator like xdotool:
>  http://pratyeka.org/fake-x-input/

That would be great if it let me specify the window to send the keyboard
event to, but I have to make it the active window first.

Something along the lines of keyboardcast is what I'm looking for.
However with that I have to keep the keyboardcast window foremost, and
it doesn't recognize the ZynAddSubFX window for keyboard input.

--
aleblanc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk