[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Developer/System Administrator

Richard Palmer richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 09:03:00 UTC 2009

Hello,

	We have a vacancy at the Centre for e-Research at King's
	College London for a Linux Developer/Systems Administrator.

	A brief summary of the job:

	Work: Developing and testing software for a variety of the
              Centre's projects, under the direction of the Development
	      Manager. The Centre participates in projects involving such
	      technologies as Optical Character Recognition, Virtual
	      Research Environments, text mining, Web 2.0 and data
	      grids.

	      Supporting the Systems Manager with server administration
	      tasks.

	Experience: Software development at the Centre takes place
		    within a Linux environment, so experience of working
		    with Linux/Unix (including scripting languages) is
		    essential. The candidate must also be able to develop
		    software in more than one programming language, and have
	 	    some familiarity with relational databases.

	Location: Central London (Drury Lane)

	Period: 12 months

	Salary: Within the Grade 5 scale, currently £27,946 to £32,027
		per annum inclusive of London Allowance (depending on skills
		and experience).

	Please see http://www.jobs.ac.uk/jobs/GH928/Software_Developer/
	for more details and how to apply.

	Email me if you have any questions or need more information.

regards,

Richard

--
Richard Palmer
Systems Manager			/ Centre for E-Research
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk