[Gllug] Never ever ever use Talk Talk

'Lesley at herlug.org.uk' lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 11:24:38 UTC 2009

I posted the router log in MessageID 20091011210235.GH27373 at pgcroft.net

It shows 6 Call Terminated states.  Obviously I can't tell if it is the
router, the line or the ADSL filtering.  Someone has already suggested my
router might  be incompatible with parts of the chain of communication already.

I can't help feeling that if it was the router there would be more of it not less.
Swapping ADSL filters doesn't make any difference.  I can get over 24 hours clear
run at the Internet.

Regular drops appear to be in the early hours (0230 to 0400) and between 1700 and 1830.
Spasmodically repetitive annoying ones can also begin to occur, either around 1700 onwards
or from 2100 hours onwards (typically to the point where I give up) or from 2300/0000 on with
4 to 6 drops occurring (ditto).

Anyhow
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_2=1&isp_4=1&isp_12=1&isp_17=1&isp_22=1&isp_6=1&commit=Compare
gives a comparison.

The last time I chose an ISP I went with Zen.  The pain is all mine.

Regards

L.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk