[Gllug] Router under attack: help/advice needed

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Oct 23 19:58:04 UTC 2009

On 23 Oct 2009, Iain M. Conochie told this:

> Nix wrote:
>> Tried it. Attacked from the outside.
>>
>> So the second rule of network security should be to kill everyone who
>> knows what a computer is.
>>

> I always thought it was disconnect it from the network

Doesn't help: someone will steal the machine. :)

>> (There is no need for a third rule.)
>
> Maybe just a 3rd way

Hand over those crypto keys! Come on, you say that /dev/random is the
output of a random number generator but we got a tip-off that on your
machine it was encrypted data detailing a nefarious terrorist plan to
cause Labour to lose the next general election.

HTH :)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk