[Gllug] wicd manager

Frank Scott lists at frasco.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 08:04:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 07:01:52PM -0400, lucypeters at mail.com wrote:

> > Did you look up how to configure it with a cuil.com search or similar?
> >
> I look for disable dhcp and rfc 2563 came up but didn't show any command to disable dhcp server.
>
> > As the output of the commands you're running show, wifi is working on
> > your linux system. The wifi wouldn't work if you were using macos or
> > windows.
> >

> When I use http://192.168.0.0 and The server at 192.168.0.1 is taking too long to respond.
>
> But when I use http://192.168.0.0 in windows xp and I get to the setup page. I went to the DHCP page to disable DHCP Server but still not able to go online.

If you have lost your manual you can download a pdf copy from

   ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DI-624/Manuals/DI-624_Manual.pdf

A cursory glance suggests that what you want is

Open web browser with 192.168.0.1

Type admin in the User Name field
Leave Password field blank

Then navigate to
Home > DHCP
   DHCP Server     0 Enabled  0  Disabled

Set to option disabled

--
    /V\    : ;`  :   Frank Scott  Sutton, London
  /(   )\  `. ''`    frank at frank-scott.me.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk