[Gllug] wicd manager

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Mon Oct 19 03:12:36 UTC 2009

Christopher Hunter wrote:
> the home, their "20 Mb/s" is actually < 5 Mb/s with the occasional burst
> to >10 Mb/s, and their "unlimited" service is actually stringently
> capped at a point that prevents the reliable and timely download of
> distro disks...

I'm in Barnet rather than Camden, but I'm quite happy with the speed VM
goes at.  Though I'm not usually on much in the 6-10PM weekday peak
times, it's noticeably faster than the 8Mb/s ADSL we were supposed to
have before.  Also have managed to download gigs of stuff without seeing
any caps.  The main problem I have with them is that the DNS service
drops out from time to time, now I have the OpenDNS IPs in a text file
and I update my resolv.conf whenever that happens.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk