[Gllug] 10 reasons engineers hate the phone...

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 11:55:33 UTC 2009

On 23 Oct 2009, at 20:59, Nix wrote:
[...]
> Still, the Telephone Preference Service is useful: you get many fewer
> junk calls if you're on it, and you can be legitimately grumpy when
> some get through anyway.

The only calls I'm getting on the landline at the moment are wrong
numbers and those IVA scammers robo-calling with "if you've got a loan
or credit card with over £3,000, we can write it off".

The latter claim my number's not on the TPS. Perhaps if they actually
had a *current* TPS database and not a third-hand samizdat copy of it
from five years ago, they'd know otherwise.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk