[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Sep 13 14:45:26 UTC 2009

On 13 Sep 2009, at 14:48, Nix wrote:
[...]
> So you plainly mean you want working professionals to get priority
> from
> *government* over, say, the poor.

I do find it slightly galling that public services like libraries,
doctors, dentists and whatnot are only provided at times of day when
the people who are actually paying for them are out at work.

(Not that the library is worth it. The newly-built Shepherd's Bush
Library is somewhat smaller than the old one, and seems to prefer open
spaces to book stacks. It probably has fewer than five times as many
books as I do - to serve a population of about 11,000.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk