[Gllug] hauppage myTV.t usb dongle

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 09:24:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 09:45:16AM +0100, Geo wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2009 16:59:40 John Edwards wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:47:10AM +0100, Geo wrote:
>>> HI,
>>>  has anyone ever managed to make these work with Ubuntu ?
>>
>> Yes, but you need to download a firmware file:
>> 	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_USB2
>> 	http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=421110
>
> John,
>  Thanks for that, the first link does not work but the second is reachable ,

They are both available yesterday, and are now.

> followed it thro but no joy. The diagnostics he uses do not mean much to me I> am afraid as the output is nothing like any of the others (with an answer in
> the thread ).

The 2nd link is not specific to the WinTV USB tuner, but talks about
firmware in general and how to use kaffeine to watch digital (DVB) TV.

The 1st link is specific to the WinTV USB tuners. But be warned that
some manufacturers, including Hauppauge, use the same product name for
different chipsets. For example:
	http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

Lastly you could try entering "linux" and the model number (not just
the name) into Google.