[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 9 17:29:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 18:19 +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> No.  The "generational disaster" is due to poor education (and please
> don't try to tell me that modern education is in any way "good"), a lack
> of discipline (parents are accused of "abuse" if they try to control
> their unruly offspring), and a welfare state that suggests that everyone
> has "rights" to a reasonable standard of living - often without working
> for it.  I am sick and tired of having well over half my earnings taken
> by a corrupt government and given to those too lazy to work.

Go and try living on benefits for any period of time while also having
children or sick relatives to care for. You'll soon find that your
"Daily Mail" attitude is misdirected.

> "Privilege by birth" hasn't really existed for some generations in this
> country, and has been completely ended by this current crowd of
> criminals in Westminster.

You are wrong. Privilege by birth has always existed and always will. It
just means your parent are wealthy and/or well connected. It's just how
societies work.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk