[Gllug] The total cost of ownership to Ealing Council

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:02:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Chris Bell<chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org> wrote:

>   My experience has been that they had banned all unauthorised access via
> any medium, but apparently this has been re-emphasized in further staff
> training. Even councillors were issued with laptops and very strict
> instructions.

I'm not talking about rules and regulations, I'm talking about
technical solutions. The last time I had to manage a Windows estate of
any non-trivial size, I had USB mass storage disabled on them all as
one of the first things I did. Anything else is bordering on
professional negligence IMHO.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk