[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:46:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Hari Sekhon<hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Academia tends to hide away from the business world rather than trying
> to foster skills that businesses would actually want to pay for

Interesting. I've found quite the opposite. Academia has thrown away
many of its principles in the effort to chase skills that it thinks
businesses want. That's why they're churning out endless streams of
Java programmers that lack a basic grounding in the underlying subject
and who will be screwed when Java's star fades and they need to switch
to something else.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk