[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Sep 7 12:26:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 11:50 +0100, Hari Sekhon wrote:
> The CCIE would without a doubt enjoy the better skills and far higher
> salary than the grad, there are so many grads who never even manage to
> get a single IT job... never mind one worth mentioning or a half decent
> salary.

I suspect the reason a CCIE or similar qualification is not, and should
not, be counted towards qualifying credit in a degree course is that all
such courses are very much vendor and product specific. A degree should,
in theory, be about more than just confirming one's ability with a
specific vendor's systems.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk