[Gllug] Gllug Digest, Vol 75, Issue 46

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Fri Sep 11 14:18:30 UTC 2009

On Fri Sep 11 10:10 , Jason Clifford  sent:

>On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 14:34 +0100, pmgazz at gmx.co.uk wrote:
>> It's also nice to have the important contributions of gay people
>> recognised.
>
>Do you think his being gay had anything to do with those contributions?

Yes.

Do I think it had anything directly to do with these contributions? No..

The fact that he was gay and the time and society he lived in shaped him, his
knowledge, and his personality.  Without all three of these, he would probably
not have been there to do everything that he did, so yes, it was influential.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk