[Gllug] Jabber Servers

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri Sep 4 10:33:09 UTC 2009

On 4/9/09 11:17, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> We already use irc.... but it's not really very friendly for
> commercial / non-technical people, so we're looking into jabber.

This may not be quite the solution you were looking for but I've had
some success with Campfire, a web based group collaboration tool [1], in
particular with non-technical users.

It won't suit everybody and it goes against the grain of running your
own services but it does the job pretty well for what it is.

We tried IRC and met the same kind of resistance as you suggest,
Campfire seemed to suit their mindset better. YMMV etc.

Simon.

[1] http://campfirenow.com/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk